Wednesday 1 July 2015

Twitch Streams

Over the last month I've put as much time as I could into the project, however I tend to not show it much.

But I am close to a release! The key mechanics are working and I'm focusing on filling the game with content - different turrets, subsystems and abilities, polishing the graphics, fixing some code that was laying around and being lazy. I overhauled the lighting system to be dependent on the background nebula, making it all a bit cozier. I fixed up a lot of UI elements, noticeably the main menu and options menu. I even added in a crude conversation system so encounters could include choices.


New simple Main Menu

New fancy Options menu

I've begun streaming the game on my twitch channel (where you can also see the past broadcasts). The goal is to have some video to show off to make a trailer and start getting any sort of community feedback.

Soon enough I'll have to look for someone to do sound effects. I can manage cheap gunshots in Audacity but when you need audio and you don't want to learn how to do it for a few months, you get a professional!

So, in short, lots of content to be made with all the key systems in place and a lot of polishing to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment